Monday, February 18, 2013

2nd Area Arroyos Y Esteros


Dear Family,
That is super awesome Elder Christiansen came! (Elder Christensen attended the family's home ward this past Sunday, Feb 17th)  It sounds like it was an awesome Sunday.  Plus Aaron, Derek, and Caleb had to sing.  What did you guys sing?


I got changed.  I am now in Arroyos y Esteros which is like an hour out of Caucupe! The basilica is ginormous and every year thousands of people here walk to Caucupe to see the virgin. My new companion is Elder Hatch from Glendora, California which is really close to LA.  He has been out 19 months on his mission right now! I think that he is a really good missionary. I get along with him pretty well, but he already has 4 changes in Arroyos y Esteros so he'll probably get switched out soon. This next change is only 4 weeks,  so I will probably have a new companion soon.

 Arroyos is really far out on a highway in the middle of nowhere.  It has a ton of farms and sugar cane fields. It takes a collectivo about an hour and a half to get to Caucupe and it is the most beautiful drive I've ever been on. There are some crazy big hills that just stick out in the middle of some fields that I will take a picture of later. Aroyos has a branch of about 30 people on avg. and the President's family makes up half the branch.  I gave a talk to introduce myself and the handed me another talk paper for next week on reverence, which is a really good topic because reverence is a fat issue here. I will let you know how it goes.  I was sick this week with the flu, so I don't have a lot to write about because we've been stuck in the house. WHICH HAS AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!! it feels so nice.


I hope your Indian presentation goes well mom, and that your leg is all better.   I hope all the best for you Fil and the LSAT!  I KNOW I DIDN'T SEND THE SUIT PHOTO! I will send it tomorrow after zone conference.

I LOVE you guys,
Elder Neifert

Here are some new photos from Elder Neifert: 




 Saying goodbye to friends in Yukury:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail