Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Full Potential

Wow, I will stop whining now about eating bad pizza.  Mom that is a humbling thing to deal with.  I'm sorry,  and just so you know I expect you to get right back up on that horse.  I'm just kidding, but that is a big fall.  (Elder Neifert's mom rode a shire horse (like a Clydesdales in size - around 6 foot shoulder height) bareback. She didn't quite nail her dismount and tore a ligament in her knee.) I'm sure that was a different experience at girls camp than usual, but knowing you I'm sure you made the best of it!  Can you still drive? You should for sure hide snacks in that thing. (referring to her thigh to ankle leg brace)


Elder Smith and I had a pretty good week.  We got 6/7 this week which means 6 days we met all of the teaching goals we set out to do.  Even when we got 16 new investigators, not a one showed up to church.  I think it was mostly due to Father's day, and maybe a little fault of teaching on our part.  All morning yesterday we went to our investigators houses to accompany them to church, (wake them up, and make them breakfast, and get them dressed...) but nobody wanted to or they didn't come outside.  We did however get one very sleepy menos activo (less active) to church - by creeping into his house and whacking him with a broom to get him up and going.  The sisters in our branch got a family to church, which was cool, and humbling as well.  They have been here for a week and a half and got more investigators to church than we have in a whole change.  BAAAHHUMMMBUUGG.   It's good for them and good for the branch, and for the family, and for the work in general.  It put a little bit more fire under our butts though to get more people at church.  It's tough not to compare yourself to other people, and its a bad habit that I have to get rid of.  But then again it does help with getting more excited in reaching your full potential.

  We are really excited for this coming week.  I have a feeling we will be having a lot more success as long as nothing weird happens.  Today for p-day we played American football with a little dinky ball.  It was extremely muddy and there were puddles everywhere and horse poop, but it was a big relief after a busy week.  We took a pic and I will get it sometime this week.  It was really funny because all of the people came out of there houses to watch us play.  There was about 20 kids watching us ... they were playing their ridiculous polka Paraguayan music.  Hopefully it will make it a little easier for people to let us teach them, knowing we are a little normal.


I GOT THE PACKAGE FROM GRANDMA AND GRANDPA AND EVERYBODY ELSE!  THANK YOU!!!  It was really fun to read everybody's cards.  You guys knew exactly what I was hoping for!  I don't think the belly button lint made it, but I will assume it was somewhere in the tropical trail mix.  Thank you! Reading all of your cards really helped me remember how important missionary work is... and how much you all, and more importantly the Lord, expect of me!

I will start working on that year mark stuff.  I still have a few months, but it will be good to get started.

I love you guys,

Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail