Saturday, September 8, 2012

I hope I can be just like Alma...

Dear Family
 That's awesome that Aaron's team won and he scored a goal!  And Bekah cheered in a football game! Write me more about it Aaron and Bekah.

  I don't have too much time but I would like to get the newsletter because I think I get more time out in the field, maybe.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!  And thank you, mom, for paying my tithing for me!  Thank you, dad, for the jerky!
This week went by really fast.  For devotional we had Elder and Sister Kopischke from Germany.  She gave one of the best and funniest talks I have ever heard.  Sister Kopischke didn't know much English, but she was extremely excited to talk to us... and in her frusttration of not finding the right word she pulled the pulpit up and it almost fell! Her message was about how we need to give the Lord our whole heart and how the holy ghost is a language that everyone understands - so even though we will struggle with the language, as long as teach true principles and we are worthy and willing to be guided by the spirit, the spirit will bring power to our words it will bear a witness to those we teach.  Elder Kopischke also gave a great talk about the missionaries that were in his mission (he was a president of a mission in Germany) - almost every missionary he has come across could increase their success if they would come to better understand the atonement of Jesus Christ.  The most important part of our message as missionaries - that the investigator needs to understand and feel - is that the only way we can return to God is if we truly repent. That means making a change of heart and mind, being born again, and becoming clean through the atonement. And he also talked about how when we repent we must taste the bitter in order to taste the good.  In other words we need to feel the separation and pain of sin so we can fully feel the joy of being clean.  As we invite  the investigator to repent, we strengthen their relationship with Christ and provide a foundation strong enough for them to endure to the end. 
I went to a really good workshop on baptism and why baptism is necessary. It is a lot more complicated and deep than I thought. I dont have much more time to write so I am going to sum up stuff really fast. 
Elder Pack and I taught a lot of investigators and also members in the TRC (Teaching Resource Center).  And it seemed like this week was focused a lot of recieveing revaltion from God through scripture and prayer.
Something cool I learned as I studied was that the Book of Mormon doesn't in any way overshadow the Bible (New Testament and Old). It only enhances it. Through the Book of Mormon and guidance through the spirit we are able to find answers to our personal questions.  The Book of Mormon teaches that prayer and revelation are key to solving particular problems....
Something else really awesome that I studied this week was Alma chapter 29! God is willing to answer our questions and wants to give us the righteous things we seek after. Alma desired to be an angel proclaiming to the world repentance and to come unto God! The Book of Mormon and the works and writings of Alma has been proclaimed to all the world and has brought me and millions of others unto repentance. I hope I can be just like Alma in being an instrument in the hands of the Lord to "bring some soul unto repentance; this is my joy" (Alma 29:9).
I hope everyone is doing well! and I'm praying for you guys!
From,
Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail