Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Jan 7th

Dear family!

We had changes again and so I am with Elder Brown now. This change was really big because we split Yukuryry (pronounced Ju-ki-doo - we discovered this in our Skype call with Elder Neifert) in half and so now I am in area Yukryry A! It was really nuts during changes because they had me split the area with Elder Breadsguard and we got 3 new missionaries who were coming into the area. So most of this week I was showing the 3 missionaries around the area and meeting with members. We all live in the same house in Ita Angua.  Elder Brown is from Lydon, Utah.  The other new Elders are: Elder Ramos from Argentina and Elder Rodriguez from Columbia.
 
I didn't get to teach that much this week because of the changes, but I am really looking forward to working with Elder Brown.

This Sunday was really awesome, we had 100 people at church!!!!! It is usually at around 50-60. We had a ton of inactive members come that we visited and a lot of investigators! The priesthood couldn't all fit in the room!

  I also got sprayed by milk.  I was sitting behind a kid named Dillon who had a bottle and he dropped it behind him and sprayed me. It was warm - that's all I have to say about that.

We also taught this lady named Gladys, who konked me in the head with a mango. We contacted her at her house and she wanted to get me a mango from her tree... so she used this super long wooden pole and poked one.  We were standing out from under the tree and I wasn't paying too much attention because her mom was giving me weird looks... and the mango fell and hit a branch and deflected into my head. And that thing was hefty.  The weird thing was that she acted like nothing happened and just went back to her chair and sat down as if it happens all the time.  Luckily it didn't explode, it was just super squishy - so I chucked it after we left.

Those mounds I was standing on are termite mounds.

My scripture study is different every morning. I try and study up on something that I am going to use that day or something I feel would help the most in teaching or being a better missionary. I think that the most important thing for me as I start studying is to have a specific purpose that I pray for help with. If I don't start off studying with a prayer for help, I feel as though I'm not getting what the Lord wants me to get out of it. When I study without a purpose in mind or a subject in mind, its pointless and I lose interest in what im reading. I wish I could read conference talks, but I am still looking for a copy.

I love you guys and I'm sorry I didn't have too much to write about lessons or working.

Love,

Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail