Saturday, January 5, 2013

December 31st, 2012

Hey.

 It was really great to talk too you all! I love you guys and I miss you all a lot.  I hope your Christmas was sweet.  We had asado with the Lopez family which is like a huge barbeque. We ate it with a fruit salad I made!  Christmas in Paraguay is awesome.  Its like the fourth of July, except with music blaring everywhere.  Everyone eats outside in their front yard until 12 and then they light off fireworks and blast their music as loud as possible! Another thing about Paraguay - everyone has a huge stereo system. Some people here might live in a a trashcan, but its a noisy one with really nice speakers.  And they place the speakers in their windows so everyone can hear. The fireworks are nuts! They aren't like the big ones in the states, they are just little bombs that make one big boom.  Every house also has a nativity set that they work on forever... here is a picture of Hermana Lopez's.

 They are way cool.   I wasn't able to fall asleep until around 3 because of the music blasting and fireworks.  I think some of the neighborhood kids were throwing them at our house.  I bought them chupa chupas and they stabbed me in the back.

We had a burger fiesta with the district:
and I got your package!!!!! THANK YOU!!! I am super excited and it was way funny to elder Mejia's reaction at getting a stocking with toothpaste.  


And, mom, that princess ball is just what I needed to feel the Christmas spirit.  (The ball is an inside joke.)

We had sort of a tough week numbers wise.  We found a couple new investigators that I am excited about.  And Raquel and her husband set a date to be married and baptized!  We had some awesome lessons with her and her family.   Her sister took a collectivo for two hours to come and talk with us about the scriptures and God.  It was a really powerful lesson and she accepted the invitation to be baptized. 

I have been blessed a lot in speaking Spanish and also knowing where to look for people and what to say to them.  One example out of a ton is that we were doing contacts and we weren't able to find anyone who wanted to learn more or come to church and so I offered a prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us find two people who we were able to teach who would want to know more. The next house we clapped at we taught two boys who asked us questions and we taught them about prophets and how we can receive answers from God about the restoration.  They accepted the baptismal invitation and hopefully we will teach them a lot more this week.  I am not even able to fathom how much the Lord has blessed me and how much he loves his children. 

I love you all and hope you have a great new year!

Love,
Elder Neifert

Here are a few pictures Elder Neifert sent this week as well:












No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail