Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Package

I got the Christmas Package!!!!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!  I was in need of some sunflower seeds.  I liked all of the notes as well...they made my day.  My companion was super happy as well and he says thanks.  I didn't know how much I missed the smell of the United States until I opened that box.  It was good.  

You guys have great testimonies! Thank you for sharing them!  I am very proud to have a family who love the gospel and know where they are going!


I am going to skype you guys on Christmas day at 5 o clock Paraguayan time.  But the thing is that I know that every other missionary is going to be wanting to skype their families, and it will be crazy, so just be aware around 5 o clock my time... if we have trouble I will email.  

I do want to transfer to Provo.  Pass me that paperwork and I will do it.  I might as well apply right?

I don't need anything. My comp is fine as well.  He buys chocolate bars everyday.

Thanks for the debit card stuff...its not that I need it to eat or anything, but I just wanted it just in case.  THANK YOU!  And I will keep my eyes and nose out for a package from Grandma.

This week was a good one.  Its always a lot easier to get into houses when we say we want to share a Christmas message!  Funny, though, that not too many people showed up at church.  It just made me think about that scripture in James that says "Thou hast faith, and I have works, show me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."  BAAHUMMBUG.  It was a little bit of a downer.  But talking with you guys will be happy.  We found a lot more less active families to teach, and I think we are settling in and gaining more confidence with the members!  Did you guys have the ward Christmas party? 

I had a cool experience with a family we talked with.  They said that religion was just a big mess and to choose a church is asking for trouble.  The daughter in particular, who studies medicine, was all against organized religion and said that baptism has no real significance.  She felt that living a good life and being kind to others was enough. So I was in a little bit of a stuper...thinking about whether to teach the doctrine of repentance and baptism first, or the restoration.  So I chose the doctrine first, and I shared a few scriptures about why we need repentance and baptism to be clean and ready to enter into God's kingdom. It's all thanks to Christ. The daughter was still doubtful, and so I thought more and then it hit me.  'Hey, baptism is like marriage!'  You might like someone a lot and change the way you live for them, but they aren't yours forever until you make a promise. It's the promise that adds in the trust and confidence that brings the fruits of peace of mind and a security that no other thing can do.  That's why baptism is required and why it is important. Well a part of why.  And she understood a little better.  We testified of the restoration and left commitments to come to church and read and pray. They didn't come....so we'll go back Thursday.  That is when I know the spirit is in a lesson.  When I or my companion say something that teaches not only the investigator but me as well.

I cant wait to talk on Christmas at 5 o clock Paraguay time!

Here is a pic of Elder Haworth and I.

Love,
Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail