Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference

Dear Family,

This week we did a ton of inviting to General Conference, but we only had Ricardo and his wife show up.  Ricardo loved it and so did his wife and it was really funny to hear Ricardo commenting on the people singing in the choir.  There was a really old guy who was just belting it out with all he had and Ricardo did a funny impersonation. 

Elder Hatfield is getting more and more confident with his Spanish skills and he is an awesome companion.  There have been a few great experiences where he will ask inspired questions or testify and it brings the spirit pretty strong into the lessons.

We found a menos activo (less active) named Carlos Lopez who left the church a long time ago so that he could teach Catholicism to kids.  We had an awesome lesson that we based off of Alma 5 and he is going to read and pray again about the Book of Mormon.  It was amazing to see him change from the beginning of the lesson to the end.  He started out with a ton of doubts about digging up past memories and going back to a place he already left, and he ended with, "I really do miss praying and reading the Book of Mormon, I think I will give it another shot!"

Also, I have been given more opportunities to serve.  Elder Lawlor and Bredsgaurd are going home so I'm a Zone Leader now.  It is a little overwhelming, because I am still trying to train Elder Hatfield so it will be a big test of my time managing skills.  I don't know about any of the responsibilities yet, but I am sure going to need a lot of help.

The package hasn't arrived yet...so I will keep on waiting and looking.  I don't have too much time because I have a lot of meetings and things I have to go to today - sorry!

Love,

Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail