Monday, July 1, 2013

Aurora got Baptized!

Well guess what, AURORA GOT BAPTIZED!  Elder Smith and I gave her over to the missioneras (Sister Missionaries) when they came and she finally got baptized!  Elder smith and I taught her all the lessons and the sisters got her in the water!  It was a super spiritual baptism and I felt the Lord's love for her during the whole meeting!  I should have gotten a picture with her, but the dang camera died on me after 2 pictures. DANG!
We had a good week!  Following up on Gilda, (the lady whose husband died and has 6 kids)  we decided to win her heart by making tacos this week.  It was a bad idea...all of her kids are under 12 years old and it took about an hour and a half longer than we wanted to cook them and left very little time to share any message.  But I went back and taught her this week with a Paraguayan RM and we made a little progress. She was drunk, so it was a little tough to see if what we were saying was entering in. It was pretty much a lesson of inspired questions and we figured out her doubt I think.  We'll be going back this week on Tuesday!  

We found a few other new investigators who are good ones. I taught some people in straight Guarani with the Paraguayan RM, so I didn't understand anything and just tried to bear my testimony at the right time.  But they accepted the Baptismal challenge and we'll see what happens.  It felt a lot like how lessons were at the beginning of my mission.  I didn't understand a thing, but igual (I still) I felt the spirit working.

I am still having my mind blown by Jesus the Christ.  

We didn't get to see the devotional on missionary work and we don't have the conference edition of the Liahona yet because we are far out.  Every little bit of news I hear about the devotional just makes me sad that I didn't get to see it.

Anyway, I love you guys and I hope everything goes well for the summer plans! Thanks for the letters and pics.  I like them.

Love, 
Elder Neifert

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be sent to Elder Neifert in his next e-mail